The Capital Improvement Project Right-of-Way (CIP ROW) Permit is for contractors who perform work within the City of Rio Rancho on a Capital Improvement Project (CIP)
- The City of Rio Rancho does not assess permit fees for Capital Improvement Projects.
- The permit will not be processed until all necessary documentation has been submitted.
- Requester must fill out the PW-ENG-04.05 (E) CIP ROW Permit PDF electronically.
- No handwritten forms will be accepted.
- Incomplete forms will be returned to the Requestor.
- Requester must include detailed information about the scope of the work, size of the work zone, and duration of the work.
- Fines may be assessed for non-compliance.
- CIP ROW Permit and the Traffic Control plan (TCP) must be submitted together via e-mail to the City.
- Faxed forms will not be accepted.
- Permits must be submitted a minimum of 5 working days prior to work start date.
Obtaining a CIP ROW Permit:
- Have a current City of Rio Rancho business license, excavation bond in the amount of at least $10,000, and insurance on file with the City. Fees and fines from previous permits must be up to date.
- Complete the PW-ENG-04.05 (E) CIP ROW Permit PDF by clicking the link above.
- The form must be filled out electronically. Typing your name on the signature block is an acceptance of the terms listed in the application.
- Provide a certified Traffic Control Plan (TCP).
- E-mail both the completed/signed CIP ROW Permit Form and the TCP to the our e-mail address in one e-mail.
- Incomplete submissions of CIP ROW Use Permit Forms will not be processed. The Requestor will be notified via e-mail of any deficiencies (incorrect or incomplete) with their TCP.
- Permits will be approved within 5 working days after receipt of the complete ROW Permit Form, including accurate TCP, bond, and insurance.
- The Requester will be notified via email upon Permit approval.
- A copy of the Permit and TCP must be available for inspection on the job site at all times.
- If you have questions, please e-mail us.
- Link to the Use of Public Right of Way City Ordinance Chapter 96.
Adobe Disclaimer: Reading the PDF documents provided on this site requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader, available for free from Adobe. Adobe, the Adobe logo, Acrobat, and the Acrobat logo are trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.