1. Obtain the UT-UTO-01.01 (E) Rebate Application PDF from our Utility Operations Department Forms page or by clicking the link above.Please follow the instructions on how to fill out a fillable form on our Utility Operations Department Forms page.
2. E-mail or Mail the form. Remember to include a copy of your itemized receipt with the form.
a. E-mail to:
a. E-mail to:
b. Mail to: Attn: (Form Name) Utility Operations Department
3200 Civic Center Circle, NE Rio Rancho, NM 87144
b. Mail to: Attn: (Form Name)
Utility Operations Department
3200 Civic Center Circle, NE
Rio Rancho, NM 87144
3. Once the application has been submitted allow ninety (90) days for the Utilities Operations Division to review.
4. The completed application form and attached receipt must be received no later than 90 calendar days after the purchase date.
5. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
6. Allow up to 90 business days for your completed application to be processed and receive a credit (for qualifying applications).
7. If you have any questions please call the Environmental Programs Manager at 505-896-8737.
1. Rebates only apply to High-Efficiency (HE) Toilets, High-Efficiency (HE) Washers, and Evaporative Cooler Thermostats.
a. Tank type HE Toilets must have an effective flush volume of 1.28 gallons or less as determined by the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) WaterSense Program.
i. WaterSense labeled HE Toilets qualifying product list at (http://www.map-testing.com/downloads.html).
b. Flushometer type HE Toilets must have an effective flush volume of 1.28 gallons or less as rated by M.a.P testing.
i. Commercial Flushometer Valve/Bowl Combination qualifying product list at (http://www.map-testing.com/).
c. The HE Washer must be a Tier 2 or a Tier 3 as determined by the Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE) on the date of the purchase.
i. HE Washer qualifying product list at (http://library.cee1.org/content/qualifying-product-lists-residential-clothes-washers).
d. Evaporative Cooler Thermostats must be automatic and work for evaporative coolers (also known as swamp coolers) only.
i. Evaporative Cooler Thermostat qualifying product list PDF.
2. Applicant, at the time of purchase, must be a water utility service customer of the City of Rio Rancho with an account in their name at the service address where the fixture is installed.
3. Used or reconditioned HE Toilets, HE Washers, or Evaporative Cooler Thermostats do not qualify for a rebate.
4. Rebates do not apply to purchases for new construction and development.
a. New toilets must replace high-volume (≥ 3.0 gallon capacity) toilets in homes or businesses (built in 1996 or older).
5. Applicant is not eligible for a rebate if he or she has received a toilet, washer, or cooler thermostat rebate from the City.
6. Applicant or Customer is solely responsible for HE Toilet, HE Washer, or Evaporative Cooler Thermostat installation arrangements and payment.
a. The City does not warrant, endorse, or assume liability for the quality, performance, or safety of any product or services performed by any retail outlet, plumber, contractor, or employees or agents of same, related to a purchase under this program.
7. Installations may be subject to inspection and verification. Customer agrees to allow the City of Rio Rancho to inspect the fixture at the installation address by appointment with prior notification.
8. Conversions to “Low Flow Toilets” (1.6 gallons per flush) do not qualify for a rebate.
9. All Rebate applications must be accompanied by an original or copy of the itemized receipt showing the purchase of the HE Toilet, HE Washer, or Evaporative Cooler Thermostat.
a. If the receipt is not with the application then the application will be considered incomplete and not processed.
10. Rebates are issued in the amount of $30 or $100 credit to the applicant’s water bill account for the installation address.
a. Evaporative Cooler Thermostat can receive a $30 credit.
b. HE Toilets can receive a $100 per toilet.
c. HE Washer receive a $100 credit.
11. Rebates are subject to program funding availability.
a. Applications will be processed until funds are depleted.
12. The City reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion and at any time, to change any or all of the Terms and Conditions for the rebate program or to cancel the rebate program without prior notice.
13. Applicant will be required to repay the rebate if any of these Terms and Conditions are found to have been false or breached.