Suggestions for New Customers & Contractors
Welcome to the City of Rio Rancho Water Conservation Office
- Check and adjust all indoor plumbing fixtures.
- Toilets are the number one consumer of water in the home. Check for leaks.
- Showers and Baths are the second biggest water consumer. Change old shower heads to 2.5 gpm shower heads. Shower heads are free through our office.
- Check faucets for leaks. Use faucet aerators that use 1.5 gpm.
- Adjust sprinklers to water turf areas to prevent water to hit sidewalks or driveways.
- Never water when it is windy, hot or raining.
- Water restrictions are in affect from April through October. No watering between the hours of 10:00AM and 6:00PM.
- Use shut off nozzles on hoses when washing vehicles. Nozzles are free through our office.
- Eliminate over watering. Measure moisture at the root level with a moisture sensor, which permits watering only when necessary.
- Contractors should install approved toilets. A list of approved toilets is available through our office. The list is also on line at http://www.cuwcc.org/MapTesting.lasso
- Contractors should also avoid installing Home Water Treatment. From a water Conservation standpoint, water softeners waste surprising amounts of water.
If you have questions or need information, please call the Water Conservation Office at 891-5031. Our fax number is 891-5210