Basic Eligibility Requirements
All applications will be considered for selection process when the applicant meets the following eligibility under New Mexico State Law (29-7-6 NMSA 1978):
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must hold a high school diploma or the equivalent.
- Must hold a valid New Mexico driver's license.
- Must be willing, if approved, to refrain from participation in any subversive activity.
- Must not be convicted of any felony charge.
- Must not have pled guilty to any felony charge.
- Must not have entered a pleas of nolo contendere to any felony charge.
- Within a three-year period immediately preceding this application, not have been convicted, pled guilty to or pled nolo contendere to any violation of any federal or state law or local ordinance relating to:
- aggravated assault,
- driving while intoxicated,
- controlled substances, or
- other crime involving moral turpitude.
- Must not be released or discharged under other than honorable discharge from any of the armed forces of the United States.
- Must be found, after examination by a certified psychologist, to be free of any emotional or mental condition which might adversely affect their performance or completion of a training program as a Police Officer.