Go To Search
GovernmentServicesBusinessCome Visit
Click to Home

Finalize Your Account
You are allowed to finalize your water/wastewater utility account per City Ordinance Chapter 51.Many customers assume that a new owner or tenant will put the water/wastewater utility account into their name, thus accepting financial responsibility.However, often times the new resident does not do this and you continue to be financially responsible for their usage.In order to avoid this it is best to finalize the account.The Utility Service Division will endeavor to act upon telephone, e-mail, or verbal orders to discontinue service.However, a written notice will be the only proof of notification in the event that there is a dispute over the account.

How to Finalize Your Account:
1. Obtain the form below or get the form from our Utility Operations Department Forms page.Please follow the instructions on how to fill out a fillable form on our Utility Operations Department Forms page.

a. UT-UTS-01.05 (E) Final Account Request Form PDF

2. E-mail, Mail, or Fax the form.

a. E-mail to: with the form name in the subject line.

b. Mail to: Attn: (Form Name)
Utility Operations Department
3200 Civic Center Circle, NE
Rio Rancho, NM 87144

c. For Example:Attn: UT-UTS-01.07 (E) Release for Reconnection of Water
Utility Operations Department
3200 Civic Center Circle, NE
Rio Rancho, NM 87144

d. Fax to: (505) 891-5204
i. Please include a cover page, any additional documentation, and a note on how many pages are include in the fax.

3. When your form is received and properly filled out a Utilities Service Specialist will close your account on the day you request.

Separation Image.png


Utilities Department   Utility Operations Division
Utilities Department FAQ
  Backflow Prevention Program
Utilities Department Forms
  Children's Water Festival

  Detect and Fix Leaks
 Utility Services Division

Domestic Well Program
Apply for New Water/Wastewater Account
  Report a Water Leak
Bulk Fill Station

Water Use Audit Information
Change Water/Wastewter Account
   Water/Wastewater Availability
Pay Water/Wastwater Bill
  Water Waste Complaints
Setup Automatic Bank Draft for Water/Wastewater Bill
  Watering Restrictions
Turn On Water at a Property
  Xeriscaping Information
Water Assistance Program
Water, Wastwater, and Recycled Water Rates

Adobe Disclaimer: Reading the PDF documents provided on this site requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader, available for free from Adobe.  Adobe, the Adobe logo, Acrobat, and the Acrobat logo are trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.

Contact Us
For Assistance

3200 Civic Center Circle NE
Rio Rancho, NM 87144

Ph: 505-891-5020
Fx: 505-891-5204

Hours of Operation:
8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Excluding Holidays

After-Hours Emergency / Leak Report: 505-975-1581