Go To Search
GovernmentServicesBusinessCome Visit
Click to Home

Graffiti Section
The Graffiti Section is responsible for graffiti removal in City right-of-way areas per City Ordinance Chapter 91 and Chapter 150. However, graffiti does not strictly occur in City right-of-ways. Graffiti removal by this section happens on Friday of each week in the order in which the graffiti was reported. If you have any additional questions please call (505) 891-7224.

How to Report Graffiti:
1. If you see graffiti, please identify where it is. Some areas are not within City right-of-way and, therefore, is the responsibility of the entity that owns the property.

a. Private Property: is the responsibility of the owner. Please call Code Enforcement at: (505) 891-5926.

b. School Grounds: is the responsibility of the Rio Rancho Public Schools. Please call: (505) 896-0667.

c. Electric Boxes or Poles: is the responsibility of PNM Electric Company. Please call: (505) 246-5700.

d. Telephone Poles: is the responsibility of CenturyLink or Cable One. Please call: 1-877-837-5738 for CenturyLink and (505) 892-5114 for Cable One.

e. Gas Meters or Utility Boxes: is the responsibility of the New Mexico Gas Company. Please call: 1-888-664-2726.

f. Arroyo or Flood Control Areas: is the responsibility of the Southern Sandoval County Flood Control Authority (SSCFCA). Please call: (505) 892-7246.

g. Along NM 528 or Paseo del Volcan: is the responsibility of the New Mexico Department of Transportation (NMDOT). Please call: (505) 798-6600.

h. All other City right-of-way areas: is the responsibility of the Streets and Right-of-Way Division. Please call: (505) 891-7224.

2. You can also fill out a form on our Request Tracker.

3. Please note that if graffiti is not addressed for removal, you can be issued a notice of violation and be subject to a fine and/or jail time per City Ordinance Chapter 150.

Request Tracker Forms:

Separation Image.png


Department of Public Works   Streets & Right-of-Way Division   Utility Operations Division
2009 Road Improvement Bond   Dirt Road Maintenance   Backflow Prevention Program
Department of Public Works FAQ   Graffiti Reporting   Children's Water Festival
Department of Public Works Forms   Pavement Maintenance   Detect and Fix Leaks
    Road Sweeping   Domestic Well Program
Engineering Division   Snow Removal   Rebates
Capital Improvement Projects (CIP)   Weeds, Litter, and Drains Maintenance   Report a Water Leak
Capital Improvement Projects (CIP) Right-of-Way Permit    
Water Use Audit Information
Design Criteria and Standard Details   Utility Services Division   Water/Wastewater Availability
Downloadable Maps   Apply for New Water/Wastewater Account   Water Waste Complaints
GIS Data Download   Bulk Fill Station   Watering Restrictions
Map Application Gallery   Change Water/Wastewter Account   Xeriscaping Information
Special Assessment District (SAD) Information   Pay Water/Wastwater Bill    
Traffic Update   Setup Automatic Bank Draft for Water/Wastewater Bill    
    Turn On Water at a Property    
Land Coordinator   Water Assistance Program    
Property Acquisition Process   Water, Wastwater, and Recycled Water Rates    

Adobe Disclaimer: Reading the PDF documents provided on this site requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader, available for free from Adobe.  Adobe, the Adobe logo, Acrobat, and the Acrobat logo are trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.