If you access pornography on a computer in the library, we will follow these procedures:
- A librarian will tell you that the site is inappropriate use of the Internet and to please close down the computer. (This closes the loops some sites get you into, just in case it was accidental.)
- You can continue to use the Internet but will be closely watched.
- If you once again are found on a pornography site, you will be told to close down the computer and leave the computer area.
- Your librarycard and name will be noted and a block will be placed on your card until you speak to the library director or the supervisor of the day. This discussion will not be on the same day as the incident.
- After you have spoken to the director or the supervisor of the day, your card can be unblocked. A note will stay on your record so that if it happens again, further action can be taken.
Back to Library Policies